About Gavi-Gavi Attractions
Gavi is a tourist place in Kerala,located
- 28 km south west of Vandiperiyar,
- 14 km from Kumily, near Thekkady
- Gavi is inside the ranni reserve forest.
- Gavi is a part of Seethathode Panchayath in Ranni Taluk.
- Gavi is part of the Periyar Tiger reserve,
- The entrance fee is 25 rupees per person and 50 rupees per vehicle.
- Cameras are 25 rupees and video cameras are charged 100 rupees.
- Both day and night stays are available.
- Night stay Forest tent camping is available from November through March
- Most enjoyable route to Gavi is the way from Pathanamthitta.
- Jeeps are available on hire either from Vandiperiyar or from Kumily.
- Entry passes must be obtained from the Forest Check Post en route at Vallakkadavu.